Elanco Animal Health stands behind Trifexis® (spinosad + milbemycin oxime). If pet owners are not satisfied, they should consult their prescribing veterinarian for appropriate medical advice. The attending veterinarian’s involvement is required to exercise this guarantee, and clinics should call 1-888-545-5973 to initiate the process.
Elanco product replacement is provided to the clinic for each case that meets the following full criteria:
- Dogs must be treated according to label directions
- All pets in the household must be on an approved flea protection product
Reimbursement is limited to up to $1,000 for each documented case that meets the criteria.
*For dogs only
- Product must have been purchased with a prescription obtained within the context of a valid veterinarian-client-patient relationship
- Product acquired through unauthorized sources (with or without a prescription) will not qualify
- Only valid for products used in accordance with label directions
- Dogs should normally be treated at the veterinary facility where the product was prescribed/dispensed
- Households with five or more dogs may not be eligible
- The American Heartworm Society (AHS) and the Companion Animal Parasite Council (CAPC) recommend annual testing and year-round heartworm disease prevention in dogs 1,2
Intestinal parasite infections
Elanco will provide reimbursement for reasonable costs related to diagnosis and treatment of clinical disease associated with intestinal parasitism from hookworm*, roundworm and whipworm infections in dogs.
- At least two consecutive monthly doses should have been administered according to label directions, the most recent within 30 days of the clinical episode
- Clinical signs attributable to parasitism should accompany positive fecal results to qualify
- Documentation may be required
- All dogs in the household must be on an approved intestinal parasite control product